Our favourite products, advice and news on all things TMC.
The other week I got to reprise my role as assistant to Natasha Severino for YSL at Myers AW fashion show at the VRC ladies luncheon. I love these jobs where I get to play with pretty product and pretty faces all day.
The look Natasha created for us to follow was stunningly simple and bang on trend for what you will see this coming winter. So here's how to copy it....
1. Exfoliate your face paying particular attention to the forehead and cheeks. We want super smooth, buffed skin here ladies.
2. Buff on an illuminating foundation. We used YSL's Le Teint Touche Eclat, but you could also get the same effect mixing an illuminater, like BECCA's Skin Shimmering Perfecter or MAC's Strobe Cream, with your normal foundation.
3. Conceal any marks or darkness and then apply a highlighter under the eyes, on cheekbones and anywhere else you want to shine. In this case we used YSL's Touche Eclat but again something like BECCA's SSP works brilliantly here because of the way it diffuses the light. Remember, you want soft glowing skin, not a shiny grease pit!
4. Blend a taupe brown over the lid and up towards the brow and out. We heavily lined the waterline with a dark chocolate brown pencil and coated curled lashes with 2 coats of black mascara.
5. Comb brows and lightly fill in for a natural shape with brow pencil. The idea here is to give definition without making the brows the focus.
6. Contour cheeks and around hairline with bronzer and finish the cheeks off with just a hint more bronzer on the apples. Stick with a matt powder so you don't over do the shine factor.
7. Paint the lips in your chosen shade of Burgandy. Keep it matt and keep it bold. Use a flat lip brush to create a perfect line from the inner corners towards the middle. Blot with a tissue and reapply to build the intensity and help it to last. For a true matt finish either try the OCC Lip Tars or MAC's matte lipstick.