Client Booking Terms
Ok we get it! Reading Terms & Conditions are a snooze-fest!! But they are important so please read and if you do have any concerns or questions just email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective May 1, 2016
THESE BOOKING TERMS OUTLINE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON WHICH THE MAKEUP CHAIR OFFERS YOU ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITE AND SERVICES
1. BOOKING AGREEMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Makeup Chair (TMC) is in the business of lead generation and provides a platform (Website) that connects Clients (you) with TMC’s Members (Artists, Stylists)
This Agreement describes the terms and conditions applicable to your use of TMC’s services available under the domain and sub-domains of www.themakeupchair.com.au and the general principles for the websites of our subsidiaries and international affiliates. Do not use or access TMC’s services if you do not agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
We may amend this Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on our site. Except as stated below, all amended terms shall automatically be effective 30 days after they are initially posted on our site.
A 30% deposit is payable immediately to secure your booking and is subtracted from the final total.
All outstanding amounts are payable in full 14 days before the booking date through the online checkout system in your account. Payments not received by this time are automatically cancelled by the system. Please contact us if you believe you will have any issues paying on time.
4. CANCELLATIONS POLICY
Please refer to our Cancellation Policy for full terms.
5. CHANGES TO BOOKINGS
Please contact us immediately if you need to make any changes to your booking.
When a service/s needs to be ADDED to your booking, ie. a member of your group originally NOT included in the booking then chooses to get their hair and/or makeup styled, changes to the start time or number of Stylists required to ensure the booking is completed by the required time may result in additional charges.
In instances where a service/s needs to be removed/cancelled from a booking. (eg. A member of your group originally booked to have their hair and/or makeup styled but then chooses to do their own hair and/or makeup) Any reduction of services to a booking less than 30 days from the booking date will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the total amount of the cancelled services.
Please note a reduction of services may result in an increased per person rate as per your chosen stylists normal fee schedule.
No service can be removed/cancelled from a booking within 14 days of the booking date.
A trial is recommended but not essential for all brides. Trials are available but not essential for the rest of the bridal party or other event makeup.
You must confirm availbility for your special day with your chosen stylist BEFORE booking a trial to avoid disappointment. Stylists are not required to hold dates until a trial has been completed without a deposit . It is up to the stylists individual discretion if they choose to hold any booking date for you without payment of the deposit.
6. TRIAL GUARANTEE
We understand how important it is to find the right artist for your special event and the trial is the time to confirm that. But not all trials are successful. In the event that you have a trial with one of our Stylists, are unhappy and decide not to book that Stylist for your special event, you are invited to take advantage of our Trial Guarantee which offers you ONE FREE TRIAL with another available stylist on our site.
- If you are unhappy with your trial for any reason please complete our Trial Guarantee Request Form.
- Once received we will send you a list of available artists to choose from.
- Book a trial with your preference as per usual through the booking system or through their Booking Enquiry Form. We have already confirmed their availbility for your main event so you do not need to do this.
- If after your second trial you are happy and you choose to keep your booking with the second artist we will refund the amount of the second trial, less any add on fees paid (parking, travel etc) off your final bill for your main event.
- If after your second trial you are still not happy and choose not to book either artist for your main event you may then request a full refund of the second trial service only, excluding any add on fees paid (travel, parking etc) Please complete the Refund Request Form. Refund of any money paid towards your special event booking are subject to our standard Cancellation Policy.
We offer this service with the following conditions
- You are ONLY eligible for the Free Trial if you COMPLETE your special event booking with your new chosen Artist. The cost of the Free Trial will be deducted from your final bill.
- You are NOT eligible for a Free Trial and/or refund if you choose to rebook your original Artist instead of the new Artist.
- Refund of any money paid towards your special event booking are subject to our standard Cancellation Policy.
- Free Trials are offered only if there is another suitable Stylist available for your special event. If we do not have another stylist available for your date you are not entitled to a refund of the original trial.
- The Free Trial is for a hair and/or makeup trial service only and must be the for same services as the original trial. Additional services will incur an additional fee.
- Free Trial bookings are subject to availability and may incur travel/parking fees
- Free Trials must be booked and paid for up front through the system as per normal. The cost of the trial will be deducted from your special event booking with your new stylist
- Any monies paid towards your special event will be transferred to your new booking with your new stylist
- The Makeup Chair has full discretion in deciding who is eligible for a Free Trial and reserves the right to retract this offer at anytime.
7. BOOKING GUARANTEE
The Makeup Chair is proud to offer our clients a Booking Guarantee that provides assurance and peace of mind when booking our members through this site.
- In the unlikely event that your booked Artist needs to cancel your booking due to extreme sickness, family emergency or other extenuating circumstance, The Makeup Chair will endeavour to find a suitable replacement within our membership. The Makeup Chair will cover any potential additional costs that may arise from booking another Artist from within our membership.
- If we are unable to find a suitable Artist within our membership to cover your event, all monies paid by you up to that point will be fully refunded.
- While we will endeavour to recommend suitable replacements we will not be held liable for any additional costs incurred by you due to the cancellation including but not limited to additional costs incurred to book another company as a replacement.
It is up to the individual Artist to choose how far they are prepared to travel and what they charge to cover any associated costs. Please refer to the Artist Profile for more information and contact them directly if you require clarification.
For bookings within the CBD or where parking is restricted you will need to either arrange parking for each Artist booked at your hotel or pay the parking fee of the next closest parking facility. Please be aware that some parking centres in the CBD can charge ridiculous fees which is out of our control. Bookings at Crown Towers and Crown Promenade can either choose Valet Parking or Basement Parking. The Multi-Level car park is not an option due to the distance required to carry the equipment needed for your booking. This is an OH&S issue for the Artists.
10. ADDITIONAL CHARGES
Additional charges are determined and charged at the discretion of your chosen Artist. These charges may include but are not limited to
- Early Start Fee for bookings outside normal working hours between 7pm and 6am
- Public Holiday Surcharge
- Accommodation Charge
- Touchup Service
We take your privacy seriously and will not divulge or discuss any details regarding your booking or your personal details with anyone not directly connected with your booking. All details collected are for the sole purpose of providing a service to you. After the booking has concluded all booking details along with your contact details will be kept securely for a maximum of three (3) years in accordance with Australian taxation requirements. We will never knowingly give or sell your information to a third party.
To ensure we maintain the highest level of service from our members we ask you to complete a review and rating of the Artist on completion of your booking. Artists are rated on skill, creativity, communication, hygiene and meeting the clients expectations. It is a condition of their membership that they maintain a satisfaction rating of 85% or above.
All reviews are monitored and approved before going live on the site. This is so any poor ratings and reviews can be followed up as quickly as possible. However if you are unhappy with either your booking or the booking process we invite you to follow our Dispute Resolution guidelines below first to ensure the matter is delt with in the most efficient way possible.
13. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
We are committed to providing a positive and enjoyable experience to the Clients that book through our website. If you are unhappy with your experience, either with the use of the website or your booking with one of our members please email the Director of the company email@example.com
To ensure swift resolution please include the following
- Your Name
- Your Phone Number
- Your Email
- Stylists Name
- Booking Reference Number
- Booking Date
- Please provide as much detail as possible, including images if relevant, about your complaint.
Once a complaint has been received please allow 5 business days for the Director to investigate your complaint and return your email.
While it is a condition of membership that the Artist holds current and adequate insurance for the services they provide, ultimately it is up to you the Client to ensure the Artist is adequately covered for your event. When booking any Artist you are doing so at your own risk as if you had booked them directly through their own site and as such The Makeup Chair is not liable for any issues arising from the booking. By using this site and paying the deposit you are agreeing to these Client Booking Terms. You agree that The Makeup Chair and the Artists represented on this site can not be held accountable for any loss or damage incurred either directly or indirectly from your booking. This includes but is not limited to
Accidental damage to property including but not limited to
- property belonging to the client, any of their friends, family or guests whether that person is part of the booking or not
- property belonging to the location that the booking is taking place at
Accidental injury to persons including but not limited to
- Injury resulting from the use of tools and equipment required for the booking
- injury to the client, any of their friends, family or guests whether that person is part of the booking or not
Any other loss or damage incurred by circumstances outside of our control.
It is the Clients responsibility to inform the Artist of any potential issues that could arise from previous allergies or known reactions to products or ingredients.